The MudMixer® is a versatile and indispensable tool in the world of construction and DIY projects. Whether you’re mixing mortar, concrete, or other materials, our mobile mixer for sale can significantly streamline the process. To ensure your MudMixer® remains in optimal working condition and serves you well for years to come, it’s vital to perform routine maintenance and take proper care.
Below are some valuable tips for keeping your MudMixer® in top shape.
1. Clean Thoroughly After Each Use
Cleaning your MudMixer® after every use is essential to prevent the buildup of hardened materials. Mortar and concrete can set and dry quickly, making them challenging to remove if left unattended. To clean your portable concrete mixer ®, follow these steps:
- Immediately after use, detach the covers on both the chute and the hopper.
- Spray the unit thoroughly (except for the motor area) with the supplied hose.
- Pay special attention to the mixing area, ensuring it is completely free from hardened material.
- Wipe down the motor cover with a damp cloth.
2. Store Properly
Whether it was used as a electric cement mixer, or mixed other material, it is important to store your MudMixer® in a clean and dry environment away from the elements. Ensure the unit is elevated off the ground to prevent contact with debris or puddles of water.
3. Winterizing your MudMixer
If you plan on storing your MudMixer in temperatures below freezing, it is important to take the necessary precautions to prevent damage. Here’s what we recommend:
- Remove all tubing from quick-connect fittings
- Open the needle valve
- Blow air through the lines
- Ensure there is no sitting water in all plumbing.
- Stow in a covered, dry area
4. Regular Solenoid Maintenance
We recommend diassembling and cleaning the solenoid regularly to ensure longevity of your MudMixer. To do this, follow these simple instructions:
- Remove screws (4) and cap nut (1)
- Thoroughly clean and remove rust (if present) w/ Rust Penetrator or WD-40
- Don’t forget the spring when reassembling!
- Re-assemble the solenoid w/ screws (4) and cap nut (1). Don’t forget the ground wire!
Proper maintenance and care of mortar mixers for sale are essential for their efficiency and longevity. By following the tips mentioned above and regularly cleaning and inspecting your MudMixer®, you’ll ensure it remains a dependable and indispensable piece of equipment in your DIY or construction arsenal for years to come.